The VFFS-600 Vertical Form Fill Sealer, otherwise known as a Bag Maker (VFFS), is a part of an
automated packaging system. It is used in conjunction with an infeed system like a weigher,
volumetric feeder or dosing pump that will deliver a charge of product. This is a high speed
solution and lends itself to packaging foodstuffs. Most products displayed in plastic bags are
packed using this style of machine.
Select on the links and tabs below for further information…
[spoiler intro=”VFFS-600 Vertical Form Fill Sealer »”]
The VFFS-600 has the Lowest ‘Cost of Ownership’ in its class, because it will provide the quickest (ROI) Return on your Investment.
The VFFS-600 Vertical Form Fill Sealer, otherwise known as a Bag Maker (VFFS), is a part of an automated packaging system. It is used in conjunction with an infeed system like a weigher, volumetric feeder or dosing pump that will deliver a charge of product. This is a high speed solution and lends itself to packaging foodstuffs. Most products displayed in plastic bags are packed using this style of machine.
The VFFS-600 is loaded with a continuous flat roll of plastic film, which has had artwork applied to the exterior of the film. The machine folds, and forms the film into plastic bags using heat and pressure and simultaneously fills the bags with product and seals them.
- Width up to 600mm
- Length Single pull is 700mm. Double pull is 1000mm
The VFFS-600 vertical form fill seal packaging machine uses bags formed from a reel of a wide range of packaging films. Check with your film supplier for the best solutions to suit your application.
- Suits free flowing materials and powders
- Interfaces to all infeed systems
- Low maintenance + high speed = labour savings
- Integrates with all filling machines
- Biggest Bagmaker in its class
- Bradwood Packaging uses universal and industrial components to give the machinery extra long life cycles. The way machinery should be built (this way you’re not locked into expensive proprietary systems).
- Manufactured to comply with Australian and International Machine Safety & Electrical Standards.
- Bradwood Packaging prides itself on providing plain English proposals, there’s no hidden surprises. You’ll know what you’re getting.
- Bradwood Packaging manufactures complete lines from filling, sealing through to palletising.
[spoiler intro=”How the VFFS-600 Works »”]
- The bagging process begins, when the film is pulled downward via 2 pull-down belts around the outside of a long hollow conical tube, so a tube is formed and the outer edges of the film form a flap.
- The seam edges, need bonding, so the vertical heat sealing bar clamps the film flaps and melts the seam edges together, creating a tube.
- Then, a horizontal sealing bar clamps the bottom edge of the tube, bonding the film together. Once the bottom of the bag is sealed it’s ready to be filled through the long conical tube, known as a Forming Tube.
- When the bag is formed and the bottom edge is sealed, a signal is sent to the dosing device indicating it’s ready for product. This product is delivered through the forming tube, into the bag.
- Your bag is then indexed to correct length and horizontal jaws cut the bag off from the tube. It’s now a sealed package, ready to move your product to boxing and shipping processes. The feeding of material and cutting of the pouch can be determined by length, or indexing via mark, which is detected by our built-in Optical Registration Sensor.
[spoiler intro=”The Bags Contents May Be Metered Out By Various Methods »”]
The feeding of the plastic film and cutting of the pouch can be determined by length, or indexing via a black registration mark pre-printed on the film, which is detected by our built-in Optical Registration Sensor.
The VFFS-600 has the Lowest ‘Cost of Ownership’ in it class, because it will provide the quickest (ROI) Return on your Investment.
[spoiler intro=”What You Get With The VFFS-600 »”]
- Constructed from 304 Stainless Steel, so it’s built to last and makes cleaning abreeze
- The Touch screen interface, make it easy to use and operate
- If you require heavy bags, then VFFS-600 will allow you to set long seal cool times
- The high mechanical jaw pressure, securely seals your bags using a servo-actuated lever drive.
- The heart of VFFS-600 is your PLC controller interface, so it’s simple to operate
- After Bradwood Packaging installs your VFFS-600 you get hands on training and documentation, to maximise your ROI
- The operator has access to a full colour touchscreen which allows changes to all the common settings.
- Operators have easy access to Product Code Settings; Fault Diagnostics and Help Screens
- Don’t worry about security, because you can add password-protected operator access levels to the HMI
- Variable body height to suit your bag sizes and product line
- The flexible and modular Packaging System can be interfaced with all filling systems and check weighers, so the same control panel operate all packers and weighers
- The VFFS-600 produces common bag types
- Comes with a highly flexible double length film draw function
- Automatic film tracking
- Low wear & tear, highly efficient, quick film reel changeover by splicing table
- Film breakage detection[/spoiler]
[spoiler intro=”Optional Equipment to Complete Packaging System »”]
- To retard the growth of bacteria the VFFS-600 can be fitted with Nitrogen Flush & Vacuum supported purging
- Can create an upper seal with Euroslot/Eurohole, Round Hole, Special Tear Notch or Spout
- Can be fitted with hot bar sealing or impulse welding systems
- Create high quality block-bottom bags with sealed edges
- Insignia or Markem Printers & Date Coding Machine
- Dust Extraction System
- Bag out-feed conveyor
- Static elimination
- Weighing Machine
- Accumulation Turn Table
- Conveyor Belts
- Pneumatic control sealing systems
- Gusseted Bags
- Serrated or Tear-notch Knives
- Left-hand machine build
- Block Bottom Bags
- Multi-Head Weigher
- Gross Fillers
- Net Fillers
- Linear Weighers
- Auger Filler
- Volumetric Cup Filler
- Liquid Fillers and Pumps[/spoiler]
[spoiler intro=”VFFS-600 Stand Up Bag Option »”]
- Can be configured to produce 4-Corner Edge Seal for Stand Up Bags
- Create bags with a ‘hidden’ vertical seal giving a full rear panel for printing or use a conventional centre back seal
- Get edge seals from 4mm to 10mm wide
- Can be adapted to allow the production of pillow packs
- This is ideal for Biscuits, Cereals, Dried Fruits & Nuts, Kitty Litter, Pet Food and Rice
[spoiler intro=”VFFS-600 Hot Fill Option »”]
- The VFFS-600 can be supplied with filling equipment or controls to suit your existingfilling equipment
- The Hot Fill Option has been designed to cater for the packaging of Pump-able food products
- Your Product can be heated to temperatures of up to 92 °C and packed in up to 20kg bags, expelling the air from bag. Ideal for Cook/ Chill applications.
- Suitable for smooth mixtures, containing pieces up to 25mm in size can be reliably packaged in a one part fill like: Fruit Puree, Meat Sauces,Tomato Paste.
- Products with large ratio of solids to liquid can be packaged in a 2-part fill like: Fruit Pieces in Juice, Sliced Pickles in Brine
[spoiler intro=”Choosing The Right Bag »”]
1. Film Type:
- Laminated Film
- PE Film
2. Film Width:
- Film Roll Width (mm) ____
- Width of Flat Bag (mm) ____
- Length of Seam/Bag (mm) __
3 . Film Thickness:
- Film Thickness (micron) ___
4. Fin Seal Style
- Fin Seal No.___
(refer table below)
5. Bag Style
- A – Pillow
- B – Gusseted Bag
- C – Block Bottom Bag
- D – Quad Seal
- E – Carry Out Bag
6. Weight Ranges:
- Weigh Ranges (kg) ____
7. Desired Operating Speed:
- Bag per minute (bpm) ____
8. Height Requirement:
- Available height in Workshop____
[spoiler intro=”Fin Seal Styles »”]
|Model||FFS 150||FFS 250||FFS 600|
|Flat Bag Width||37-150mm||70-250mm||Up to 600mm|
|Bag Length||50-200mm||Single Pull is 340mm|
Double Pull is 650mm
|Single Pull is 700mm
Double Pull is 1000mm
|Packaging Speed||Up to 85 bags/min||Up to 60 bags/min||Up to 30 bags/min|
|Air Consumption||0.25 cu.m/cycle, 6bar||0.3 cu.m/cycle, 6bar||0.4 cu.m/cycle, 6bar|
|Power Required||240V/415V, 50HZ, 2.5-3.5KW|
|Dimension - mm||935mmx1151mmx1500mm||1160mmx1254mmx1460mm||1440mmx1520mmx2000mm|
|Type Bags||3&4 Sided Seal Sachets, Triangle Bags, Pillow Bag, Pillow Bags with Gusset, Block Bottom, Strips Bag, Bag with Cary Hole, Euro Slot Punch, Punch Round Hole, Tear Notches||Pillow Bags, Pillow Bags with Gusset, Gusset Bag, Flat Bottom Bag, Block Bottom, Strips Bags, Bag with Cary Hole, Euro Slot Punch, Punch Round Hole, Tear Notches||Pillow Bags, Pillow Bags with Gusset, Gusset Bag, Flat Bottom Bag, Block Bottom, Strips Bags, Bag with Cary Hole, Euro Slot Punch, Punch Round Hole, Tear Notches|
[wptabcontent]AWE guarantees our solutions and products. From over 30 years experience manufacturing Weighing Systems, we’re able to draw from our armoury. Instead of forcing your process to suit our solutions, we customize the solutions to suit your process.
AWE prides itself in providing plain English proposals, there’s no hidden surprises. You’ll know what you’re getting.
So if you have questions about Weighing Solutions, then talk to AWE.
Call or email us today and find out how our sales team and project engineers can assist you in finding the best Weighing solution for your needs. Fill in the inquiry form below… * – Required Fields